What is Viewable CPM Bidding?DFP Expert
Basically, viewable CPM bidding concept means you pay only for those ad impressions which are measured as viewable. The ad is counted as viewable when 50 % of the ad is shown on screen for display ads one or more seconds. For video ads, the ad is counted as viable if it is shown on screen for two seconds or longer.
The most significant part of this viewable CPM bidding is that you pay only when your ad can be seen by your potential customers.
Note, the higher your CPM bid is, the more efficient you will win those valuable types of impressions. The best part of these valuable CPM bids is that it keeps your bids competitive and affects positively on your daily budget.
The viewable CPM bids are not available for ads that contain ads targeting mobile apps and ”Search Network only” campaigns.
Why is viewable CPM bidding effective?
There are three main motives why to use viewable CPM bids:
- You pay only for those impressions which are measured as viewable
- Your bids are optimized in a way that is in favor of ad slots. Thus, the ad slots are more likely to become viewable
- If your main goal is to maximize your ad views rather than your ad clicks, then CPM viewable bidding strategy is your best choice
After choosing to use viewable CPM bidding strategy, you must know how to monitor your campaign. If you look in your campaign recording, you can see the number of viewable impressions there. If you want to know how many viewable impressions your ad received in a cost-per-thousand viewable impressions campaign, here is a useful guide for you. Just follow these steps:
- First of all, on the Campaigns Ad groups, Ads, or Display Network tab, there is a Columns drop-down menu, click on it.
- Then select Branding to add a pre-defined set of viewable CPM columns.
- Then select ”Modify columns” and click the Performance metrics group in order to add specific active view. You need to click Add next to each column you wish to see in your reporting.
When you go back to your table, you can see the columns such as:
- Active View Viewable Impression, which shows how many viewable impressions you have
- Active view average CPM, which shows the average cost for 1000 viewable impression
- Active view viewable CTR, which shows the frequency of people clicking on your ad
- Active view measurable impression, which shows the measured number of impressions (not all impressions that are served can be measured)
- Active view measurable impression/impressions, which shows the rate of impressions that were able to me measured over all served impressions.
- Active view measurable cost, which shows the total cost of measured impressions
- Active view viewable/measurable impressions, which shows the rate of impressions which became viewable over those impressions which were able to be measured.
What is CPM?
CPM is a widely used concept among those who are familiar with the online advertising. It is the cost per thousand impressions – that is you earn certain amount of money for every thousand impressions.
In online advertising, there are other concepts as well; such as CPC, which is the cost per click or CPA, which is the cost per acquisition. We will talk about all these concepts in our next blogs, but today I want to introduce you the concept of the CPM and its core functions.
CPM is an online advertising model, which is used on websites. Advertisers pay for the number of times their advertisement is shown on the website, whether people click on it or not. Advertisers pay certain amount of money for per thousand impressions.
How CPM is calculated?
CPM is calculated by dividing the cost of the ad placements by the number of thousand impressions that it creates. For example, if your ad placement cost is $10, then every impression is worth $10/1000=$0,01.
Are those concepts difficult to understand?
Maybe, all those concepts seem difficult for you to understand, however if you want to start a business and work in the sphere where you need deep knowledge of these concepts, DFP expert offers you DFP Small Business course and DFP training, But if you need just a consultation, DFP expert again is ready to help you and answer your questions. We guarantee the best results in a short period.
For more information, you can call (323) 786 08-08 or click on DFP help.